Smoked Whitefish Salad
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 whole smoked whitefish (about 2 pounds) (see note)
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Meanwhile, using a small knife and your hands, remove the skin, bones, and any brown bits from the whitefish and discard. Flake the whitefish into small pieces into a medium bowl, checking again for any bones.
Add the egg and onion to the whitefish and mash together with a fork. Stir in the mayonnaise and lemon juice. (For a smoother textured salad, pulse the whitefish mixture in a food processor.) Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Cook's Note: If you're buying cleaned whitefish, you'll need 3 1/3 cups.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Smoked Trout Salad with Grilled Fingerlings Potatoes and Mustard-Dill Vinaigrette, Smoked Turkey Salad with Goat Cheese and Walnuts, Broccoli and Barley Smoked Paprika Salad, Tuna Salad Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Cheese Ball Recipes, Carrot Salad Recipes, Mushroom Salad Recipes, Salmon Salad Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.