Smoked Whitefish Salad
- Total Time:
- 15 min
- 15 min
- about 2 cups
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 whole smoked whitefish (about 2 pounds) (see note)
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Meanwhile, using a small knife and your hands, remove the skin, bones, and any brown bits from the whitefish and discard. Flake the whitefish into small pieces into a medium bowl, checking again for any bones.
Add the egg and onion to the whitefish and mash together with a fork. Stir in the mayonnaise and lemon juice. (For a smoother textured salad, pulse the whitefish mixture in a food processor.) Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Cook's Note: If you're buying cleaned whitefish, you'll need 3 1/3 cups.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Smoked Trout Salad with Grilled Fingerlings Potatoes and Mustard-Dill Vinaigrette, Smoked Trout Salad with Meyer Lemon Dressing, Smoked Turkey Salad with Goat Cheese and Walnuts, Cole Slaw Recipes, Tomato Salad Recipes, Spinach Salad Recipes, Dip Recipes, Broccoli Salad Recipes, Salad Dressing