- 1 (2 3/4 pound) butternut squash, unpeeled, quartered, and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 4 (about 2 pounds) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 10 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 1 bunch scallions (green and white parts separated), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 (14-ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek, or other Asian chili paste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped for garnish
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, roughly chopped for garnish
Toss the squash, potatoes, shiitakes, and scallions whites together in the slow cooker. Whisk the coconut milk, water, soy sauce, sambal, and salt together in a bowl; then pour over the vegetables. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours, or until tender.
Evenly divide the vegetables and broth into warm bowls. Scatter the scallion greens, cilantro, and peanuts on top and serve.
Copyright (c) 2007 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.