- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound pancetta, chopped
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is cooked but not crisp, about 10 minutes. Stir in chile flakes, remove skillet from heat, and set aside.
3. In a large serving bowl, mix eggs, cheese, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt; set aside. Generously salt boiling water, add spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 12 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking water, and quickly stir noodles and water into egg mixture. Add pancetta, pan drippings, and parsley to pasta; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
*To reduce the risk of food-borne illness, use only fresh, properly refrigerated, Grade A or AA eggs
Nutrition Info (per serving):
Total Fat: 12 grams
Saturated Fat: 3.5 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 57 grams
Protein: 17 grams
Sodium: 900 milligrams
Cholesterol: 90 milligrams
Fiber: 2 gram