Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Asian Cole Slaw
- 2 pork tenderloins, each about 12 ounces, silver skin removed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mirin
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 head Napa cabbage, (about 1/2 pound,) thinly sliced crosswise,
- 1/2 large head radicchio, thinly sliced, (about 2 cups)
- 4 scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 red apple, such as Macoun, Cortland, or Pink Lady
1. Position a rack closest to broiler and preheat to high.
2. Brush tenderloins with oil and rub all over with five spice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Lay pork on a broiler pan and, broil turning once, until golden and an instant read thermometer, inserted into the thickest part of meat registers about 150F. Set meat aside for 5 minutes before slicing about 1/3-inch thick.
3. Whisk vinegar with soy sauce, mirin, lime juice, and ginger in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in peanut and sesame oils. Toss cabbage, radicchio, scallions, and bell pepper in a large bowl with 1/4 cup vinaigrette. Grate apple (with skin but not seeds) directly into slaw, and toss again. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
4. Slice pork and divide among 4 plates and garnish with some slaw and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Serve.
Total Fat: 13 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 14 grams
Protein: 37 grams
Sodium: 380 milligrams
Cholesterol: 110 milligrams
Fiber: 3 gram
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pork Tenderloin with Bell Pepper Marmalade, Tenderloin of Pork Hongroise with Crab Risotto and Tri-Pepper Sauce, Five-Spice Pork With Roasted Oranges and Broccoli, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Arugula, Asian, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Apple Crisp Recipes, Roasted Vegetable Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.