- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, preferably skin on
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch cayenne
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Serving Suggestion: Sauteed spinach or other greens
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Using a sharp knife, slash the salmon skin to form cross-hatch marks. Stir the spices together in a small bowl, and then rub over the flesh side of the salmon.
Heat the oil in a medium oven proof non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Place the salmon, skin-side up, and cook until seared and golden, about 3 minutes. Turn the salmon and cook until the skin sizzles and fries, about 1 minute. Transfer the skillet to the oven and continue cooking until the salmon is firm to the touch, about 4 minutes.
Transfer the fillets to 4 plates. Serve with the sauteed greens, if desired.
Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.