- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seed
- 1 3/4 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Kirby cucumber, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 to 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 2 to 4 naan breads, for serving
- 1 to 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Toast the cumin and coriander seed in a small hot pan over medium heat, 3 to 5 minutes, or until toasted. Process the seeds in a spice grinder until powdery.
2. Combine the spice powder with the yogurt, cucumber, 2 tablespoons cilantro, lime juice, vegetable oil, and chile with 1 tablespoon water in a bowl. Top with remaining cilantro.
3. Grill or toast the naan until warm, brush with butter. Serve the raita with the warm naan.
Nutrition Information (per 1/2 cup serving-without butter and naan bread):
Total Fat: 14 grams
Saturated Fat: 8 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Protein: 7 grams
Sodium: 159 milligrams
Cholesterol: 17.5 milligrams
Fiber: 1 gram