Malty, sweet brown ale brings body and fizz to the classic Bloody Mary. This version is thinner than the standard brunch staple, making it all the better for sipping with snacks.
- 3/4 cup chilled tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- One 12-ounce bottle chilled brown ale, such as Newcastle
- 4 Spanish olives
- 2 cornichons
- Special Equipment: 2 small, decorative skewers
Stir together the tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, hot sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of the chili powder, the black pepper, vodka and lemon juice in a spouted liquid measuring cup. Combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon chili powder and the salt in a small shallow bowl. Wet the rim of two highball cocktail glasses and dip into the salt mixture to coat evenly. Pour half of the tomato juice mixture into each glass and top each with half of the ale. Garnish each cocktail with two olives and a cornichon on a skewer.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved