Spicy Carrot Sambal
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 jalapeno, minced with seeds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 8 ounces carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 scallion (white and green parts), thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Put the oil, garlic, and jalapeno in a small skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring, until the garlic is lightly browned and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Put the sugar in a bowl and stir in the garlic mixture; cool. Add the lime juice and fish sauce and stir to dissolve the sugar completely. Add the carrots, scallion, and cilantro and toss. Serve immediately or refrigerate in a tightly sealed container for up to 3 days.
Copyright © 2003 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved
Thank you! your flag was submitted.