Spicy-Crunchy Chicken Salad in Lettuce Cups
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Southeast Asian fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Asian-style chile paste, like sambal oelek
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, like corn, peanut, or soy
- 1 -inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 scallions (white and green), thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup canned, drained water chestnuts, chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves ( cilantro)
- 8 to 10 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Lime wedges
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, sugar, fish sauce, and chile paste. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken and salt, and stir-fry the meat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until just cooked through, about 6 minutes. Stir in the scallions, carrot, and water chestnuts. Transfer the chicken mixture to a bowl and cool. Stir in the lime juice mixture, mint, and coriander. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Arrange the lettuce leaves on a platter and fill each with some of the chicken salad. Serve with lime wedges.
Copyright 2002 Television Food Network, GP. All rights reserved
Thank you! your flag was submitted.