Spicy-Crunchy Chicken Salad in Lettuce Cups
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Southeast Asian fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Asian-style chile paste, like sambal oelek
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, like corn, peanut, or soy
- 1 -inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 scallions (white and green), thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup canned, drained water chestnuts, chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves ( cilantro)
- 8 to 10 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Lime wedges
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, sugar, fish sauce, and chile paste. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken and salt, and stir-fry the meat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until just cooked through, about 6 minutes. Stir in the scallions, carrot, and water chestnuts. Transfer the chicken mixture to a bowl and cool. Stir in the lime juice mixture, mint, and coriander. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Arrange the lettuce leaves on a platter and fill each with some of the chicken salad. Serve with lime wedges.
Copyright 2002 Television Food Network, GP. All rights reserved
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Tandoori-Spiced Chicken over Green Papaya Salad, Technicolored Romaine Salad Cups with Lemon Pecorino Dressing, Chicken "Club" Salad, Sesame Chicken Recipes, Salmon Salad Recipes, Meatball Appetizer Recipes, Chicken and Dumpling Recipes, Tuna Salad Recipes, Chicken Alfredo Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.