- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup pitted oil-cured black olives
- 8 to 12 dried chiles, such as cayenne or arbol, broken in half
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 orange, halved
- 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 500 degrees F. Put the onions, olives, chiles and bay leaves on a rimmed baking sheet. Cut 1 orange half into wedges and add to the baking sheet.
Evenly space the chicken thighs, skin-side up, on the baking sheet on top of the other ingredients. Drizzle with the olive oil and squeeze the juice from the remaining orange half on top. Season with salt.
Per serving: Calories 523; Fat 39 g (Saturated 9 g); Cholesterol 151 mg; Sodium 199 mg; Carbohydrate 10 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 32 g