- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium yellow or green summer squash or a mix, diced (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 small jalapeno, minced (with some seeds)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage or rosemary
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the squash, jalapenos, onions, vinegar, 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine. Cover and cook until the squash starts to brown, stirring twice during cooking, about 6 minutes.
Remove the lid and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the squash is nicely browned and tender, another 6 minutes. Add the sage and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt to taste. Stir in the chives, transfer to a bowl or platter and serve.