- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 8 turkey scaloppini (about 1 pound 10 ounces)
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
Mix 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, chili powder, allspice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and brush the turkey all over with the spice mixture. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook 2 of the turkey scallopine at a time, turning only once until browned on each side, about 3 minutes total. Transfer to a serving dish and repeat with the rest of the turkey. (Note: Wipe out the skillet with a dry paper towel between each batch, but not after the last batch.)
Place the greens in a large bowl and set aside. Add the vinegar to the skillet along with the honey and cranberries. Whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, season the hot vinaigrette with salt and pepper, to taste, and pour over the greens. Toss to coat and serve the wilted greens on top of the turkey.
Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.