Spinach Almond Crostini
- 1 pound fresh spinach, washed, dried, and stemmed
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Toasted baguette slices, for serving
1. In a steamer basket set over 1 inch of simmering water, steam the spinach until wilted, a few minutes. Remove the spinach and drain well.
2. Put the spinach and garlic in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add in the sour cream, almonds, parsley, thyme, chives, cayenne, and season with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Pulse until combined. Stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice.
3. Spread the spinach mixture on the toasted bread, sprinkle with additional chopped almonds, and serve.
Total Fat: 8 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 26 grams
Protein: 7 grams
Sodium: 477 milligrams
Cholesterol: 20 milligrams
Fiber: 5 grams
Thank you! your flag was submitted.