- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot or red onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons quality walnut oil, (see Cook's Note)
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves, stems trimmed, washed, and dried
- 1/2 cup whole or chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt, and pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil to make a creamy dressing.
Put all but a large handful of the spinach in a large bowl. Toss with most of the dressing. Add remaining spinach and continue tossing until well coated.
Serve immediately topped with goat cheese and walnuts.
Cook's Note: If your walnut oil is very strong, use half walnut oil and extra-virgin olive oil.
Copyright 2003 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved