- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves, washed and de-stemmed
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
Combine the vinegar, shallot, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix until the salt dissolves. Drizzle in the oil as you stir, mixing until the vinegar and oil come together in a smooth creamy dressing.
Place all but a large handful of the spinach in a large bowl. Toss with most of the dressing. Add remaining spinach and continue tossing until well coated. Add walnuts and cheese, and toss with the reserved dressing until well blended. Serve immediately.
Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.