Spinach, Tomato and Feta Oatmeal
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
This satisfying dish takes a traditional breakfast favorite and turns it into a savory version with an almost risotto-like texture. It's[ great served warm or at room temperature.]
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- One 5-ounce package fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Kalamata olives, sliced, optional
Bring 4 cups water, lemon juice, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and crushed red pepper if using to a boil in a large saucepan.
Stir in the oats, spinach and tomatoes, reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until the oats are just softened and the mixture is slightly thickened, about 7 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the feta, oil and dill.
Transfer the oatmeal to individual bowls and garnish with scallions and olives if using.
Copyright 2014 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchen
A Stuffed Picnic: Tuna and Artichoke Stuffed Tomatoes, Red Pepper, Feta and Chick Pea Stuffed Zucchini, Nut and Brown Sugar Stuffed Macintosh Apples
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray