- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 sprigs rosemary, leaves stripped
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless lamb steak or skirt steak
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup pitted green Spanish olives, coarsely chopped
- 3 lemons, halved
- 4 banana or Cubanelle peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 bunches scallions
Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into a bowl. Put the peppers skin-side down on the grill; cook until blistered, brushing with the lemon juice and seasoning with salt, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter.
Meanwhile, grill the remaining 2 lemons cut-side down until charred, about 5 minutes; set aside. Grill the scallions, turning, until tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and coarsely chop, then add to the olive mixture and season with salt and pepper.
Grill the lamb until marked, about 4 minutes per side for medium rare. (A thermometer inserted into the thickest part should register 140 degrees F.) Transfer to a cutting board and let rest, 5 minutes. Slice against the grain, add to the platter and top with the scallion-olive mixture. Squeeze the grilled lemons on top.
Per serving: Calories 346; Fat 19 g (Saturated 5 g); Cholesterol 95 mg; Sodium 313 mg; Carbohydrate 12 g; Fiber 4 g; Protein 31 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos