Steamed Vegetables with Ginger Miso Dressing
- 3 tablespoons yellow miso
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 -inch piece peeled fresh ginger, grated (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 to 1 Thai bird chile, minced with seeds
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 bunch broccoli, cut in large florets
- 1/2 bunch cauliflower, cut in large florets
- 2 carrots, cut in thick slices
- 1 yellow or zucchini squash, cut in thick rounds
- 1/2 to 1 head fennel, cut into thin wedges
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch scallions
For the dressing: Whisk the miso, water, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, and chile, to taste, in a bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream to make a smooth, slightly thick dressing. Serve or refrigerate in a tightly sealed container for up to 3 days.
For the vegetables: Pour 1-inch or more of water in a wok or skillet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Place the vegetables in a bamboo or collapsible steamer. Set the steamer over the boiling water, cover, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or just until the vegetables are crisp tender. Serve warm or at room temperature with the dressing.
Copyright 2004 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.