- 3 tablespoons yellow miso
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1-inch piece peeled fresh ginger, grated (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 to 1 Thai bird chile, minced with seeds
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 bunch broccoli, cut in large florets
- 1/2 bunch cauliflower, cut in large florets
- 2 carrots, cut in thick slices
- 1 yellow or zucchini squash, cut in thick rounds
- 1/2 to 1 head fennel, cut into thin wedges
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch scallions
For the dressing: Whisk the miso, water, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, and chile, to taste, in a bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream to make a smooth, slightly thick dressing. Serve or refrigerate in a tightly sealed container for up to 3 days.
For the vegetables: Pour 1-inch or more of water in a wok or skillet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Place the vegetables in a bamboo or collapsible steamer. Set the steamer over the boiling water, cover, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or just until the vegetables are crisp tender. Serve warm or at room temperature with the dressing.
Copyright 2004 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.