Steamed Vegetables with Mojo Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 bunch broccoli, cut in large florets
- 1/2 bunch cauliflower, cut in large florets
- 2 carrots, cut in thick slices
- 1 yellow or zucchini squash, cut in thick rounds
- 1/2 to 1 head fennel, cut into thin wedges
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch scallions
For the sauce: Put the garlic and olive oil in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH until the garlic is golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the lime juice, cilantro, and salt and set aside until ready to serve.
For the vegetables: Pour 1-inch or more of water in a wok or skillet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Place the vegetables in a bamboo or collapsible steamer. Set the steamer over the boiling water, cover, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or just until the vegetables are crisp tender. Serve warm or at room temperature with the sauce.
Copyright 2004 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.