- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 bunch broccoli, cut in large florets
- 1/2 bunch cauliflower, cut in large florets
- 2 carrots, cut in thick slices
- 1 yellow or zucchini squash, cut in thick rounds
- 1/2 to 1 head fennel, cut into thin wedges
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch scallions
For the sauce: Put the garlic and olive oil in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH until the garlic is golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the lime juice, cilantro, and salt and set aside until ready to serve.
For the vegetables: Pour 1-inch or more of water in a wok or skillet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Place the vegetables in a bamboo or collapsible steamer. Set the steamer over the boiling water, cover, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or just until the vegetables are crisp tender. Serve warm or at room temperature with the sauce.
Copyright 2004 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.