- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2-inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and grated (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 serrano chile, stemmed and sliced (with seeds)
- 1 scallion (green and white), thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked coriander seeds, optional
- 1/2 bunch broccoli, cut in large florets
- 1/2 bunch cauliflower, cut in large florets
- 2 carrots, cut in thick slices
- 1 yellow or zucchini squash, cut in thick rounds
- 1/2 to 1 head fennel, cut into thin wedges
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch scallions
For the sauce: Whisk all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
For the vegetables: Pour 1- inch or more of water in a wok or skillet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Place the vegetables in a bamboo or collapsible steamer. Set the steamer over the boiling water, cover, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes or just until the vegetables are crisp tender. Serve warm or at room temperature with the sauce.
Copyright 2004 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.