- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 3/4 pounds), trimmed
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 link andouille sausage (about 3 ounces), chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 10-ounce package frozen whole baby okra, thawed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Cut each chicken thigh into quarters (or 1 1/2-inch pieces, if large). Pat dry and season with 1 teaspoon salt. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook undisturbed until browned, about 4 minutes. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is golden brown all over, about 5 more minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the chicken and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
Stir in the broth and potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the okra and cook, covered, until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through, 5 to 10 more minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice and cilantro.
Per serving: Calories 397; Fat 13 g (Saturated 3 g); Cholesterol 183 mg; Sodium 895 mg; Carbohydrate 22 g; Fiber 4 g; Protein 47 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos