- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups freeze-dried strawberries, crushed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 10-ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 8 cups crispy whole-grain rice cereal
Lightly coat two 12-cup muffin pans and a rubber spatula with cooking spray. Sprinkle a few crushed freeze-dried strawberries into the bottom of each muffin cup; set aside.
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the honey, marshmallows, vanilla and salt; stir with the rubber spatula until completely melted. Add the cereal and the remaining crushed freeze-dried strawberries and stir until incorporated.
Divide the mixture between the prepared muffin pans, firmly packing it in; let set, about 20 minutes. Gently pry out of the pans. Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Photograph by Charles Masters