- 4 sweet potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 2 ounces sliced pancetta (about 8 thin slices)
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, tough stems trimmed, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly grated nutmeg
Pierce each sweet potato with a fork in a few spots. Arrange on a microwave-safe plate and microwave until soft, about 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pancetta in a large skillet over medium heat, turning once, until crisp, about 4 minutes. Remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Increase the heat to medium high; add the broccoli rabe and 1/4 teaspoon salt to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 3 more minutes.
Mix the ricotta, parmesan, and nutmeg to taste in a small bowl. Split open the sweet potatoes lengthwise and fluff the flesh with a fork. Top each with about 1 teaspoon of the ricotta mixture, then top evenly with the broccoli rabe mixture and the remaining ricotta mixture. Chop the pancetta and sprinkle evenly on top.
Per serving: Calories 354; Fat 9 g (Saturated 4 g); Cholesterol 20 mg; Sodium 358 mg; Carbohydrate 55 g; Fiber 7 g; Protein 15 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos