- 2 large tomatoes, such as beefsteak (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 slices bacon (about 3 ounces) - finely chopped
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and excess liquid squeezed out
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, optional
Position an oven rack in the upper part of the oven and preheat the broiler to high.
Cook the bacon over medium heat in a large skillet until crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to the paper towel with the tomatoes. Cook the shallot until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the spinach, season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg, stir until heated through and somewhat dry, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a board to cool.
From Food Network Kitchens
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray