Summer Pasta and Lentil Salad
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon style mustard
- Large garlic clove, peeled
- 1 pound penne or medium sized pasta shells, boiled until al dente, drained, rinsed, cooled and patted dry
- 3 cups cooked (1 cup uncooked) French whole green lentils, cooled and patted dry
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely diced red or yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup each chopped flat leaf parsley and fresh basil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, left whole if small or halved
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts, optional
In the bottom of a mixing bowl combine the oils, vinegar and Dijon mustard. Pass the garlic through a press into the dressing and season it well with salt and pepper. Add all the ingredients but the pine nuts and toss to blend. Adjust the seasoning; add a bit more of whatever you think the salad needs.
Top each portion of salad with the pine nuts.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pasta Salad with Roasted Red Peppers and Basil with White Balsamic Dressing, Warm Beet and Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese, Orecchiette Salad with Roast Beef, Caesar Salad Recipes, Candied Walnut Recipes, Broccoli Salad Recipes, Pork Shoulder Recipes, Pork Tenderloin Recipes, Cole Slaw Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.