Super Gooey Chocolate Drops
- Total Time:
- 1 hr
- 15 min
- 45 min
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup natural cocoa powder, such as Hershey's or Scharffenberger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 11 -ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup dried cherries, optional
1. Preheat to 325F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
2. Place butter and unsweetened and semisweet chocolate in a large heatproof bowl. Bring a saucepan filled with about 1 inch of water to a very slow simmer; set bowl over but not touching water, and stir occasionally until chocolate melts. Stir light brown and granulated sugars and vanilla into chocolate mixture with a wooden spoon. Add eggs and buttermilk and beat vigorously until thick and glossy.
3. Whisk flour, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt together and stir into chocolate mixture. Stir in chocolate chunks and dried cherries, if using. Drop batter in heaping tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheets. Bake until cookies are set on outside and soft and fudge-like inside, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes; transfer to a rack to cool completely. Serve or store cookies in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to a week.
Total Fat: 12.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 7 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 44 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Sodium: 18 milligrams
Cholesterol: 45 milligrams
Fiber: 3 grams
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Recipe courtesy of Alex Guarnaschelli