Sweet and Spicy-Glazed Grilled Salmon
- 3 canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup tamarind concentrate
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- Kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 4 six-ounce center-cut boneless salmon filets
1. Chop chipotles and garlic in a food processor. Add tamarind, brown sugar, and salt and puree. Add vinegar, 2 tablespoons water, and oil, and puree until smooth. Pour about 1/4 cup of glaze into a small bowl. Reserve remaining glaze for serving.
2. Preheat a grill to medium.
3. Brush salmon filets with oil and season with 1 tablespoon salt, to taste. Place fillets, top-side (rounded side) down, on grill. Cook until distinct grill marks appear, about 4 minutes. Turn fish over, lightly brush with glaze, and cook, brushing occasionally with more glaze, until firm but slightly pink, about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and brush with more glaze. Serve warm or at room temperature, and pass additional glaze, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved