- 3 canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup tamarind concentrate
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- Kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 4 six-ounce center-cut boneless salmon filets
1. Chop chipotles and garlic in a food processor. Add tamarind, brown sugar, and salt and puree. Add vinegar, 2 tablespoons water, and oil, and puree until smooth. Pour about 1/4 cup of glaze into a small bowl. Reserve remaining glaze for serving.
2. Preheat a grill to medium.
3. Brush salmon filets with oil and season with 1 tablespoon salt, to taste. Place fillets, top-side (rounded side) down, on grill. Cook until distinct grill marks appear, about 4 minutes. Turn fish over, lightly brush with glaze, and cook, brushing occasionally with more glaze, until firm but slightly pink, about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and brush with more glaze. Serve warm or at room temperature, and pass additional glaze, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 278; Total Fat 9 grams; Saturated Fat: 1 grams; Protein: 26 grams; Total Carbohydrates: 25 grams; Sugar: 24 grams; Fiber: 1 grams; Cholesterol 66 milligrams; Sodium 225 milligrams