- 1 flank steak (about 1 3/4 pound)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 lime, zested
Preheat a broiler to high. Bring the steaks to room temperature about 20 minutes before cooking.
Mix the olive oil, paprika, sugar, chili powder, salt, chili powder, and zest in a bowl to make a paste. Rub the spice mixture all over the steak. Broil until just charred and crispy on top, about 6 minutes on 1 side. Flip the steak and cook until beginning to char, about 6 minutes more or until rare and temperature registers 115 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Place the steak on a cutting board and let rest, tented with foil for about 10 minutes. Slice across the grain and serve.