Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Tacos
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Finely grated zest from 2 limes
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cups sour cream or Mexican crema
- 1/4 head cabbage, cored and shredded ( about 4 cups)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
1. Blend the light brown sugar, chili, cumin, paprika, and lime zest together in a medium bowl. Add all but 2 teaspoons of the spice mixture to a resealable plastic bag. Add the shrimp and the olive oil to the bag. Seal the bag and then turn over a couple times to coat the shrimp evenly. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine the sour cream with the reserved spice blend. Stir in the cabbage and season with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat a grill or grill pan to high. Toast the tortillas about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a plate and wrap with foil to keep warm.
4. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and season with salt. Grill the shrimp turning once, until nicely browned and just cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Tuck the shrimp into the warm tortillas with the cabbage, cilantro leaves, and squeeze lime juice over top. Serve.
Total Fat: 22 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 51 grams
Protein: 41 grams
Sodium: 549 milligrams
Cholesterol: 269 milligrams
Fiber: 8 grams
Thank you! your flag was submitted.