Sweet Potato Casserole
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large), scrubbed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for the preparing the pan
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Put the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and pierce each one 2 or 3 times with a fork. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool.
Turn the oven down to 350 degrees F. Scoop the sweet potato out of their skins and into a medium bowl. Discard the skins. Mash the potatoes until smooth. Add the eggs, butter, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and the pepper to taste. Whisk the mixture until smooth.
Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens