Sweet Potato Casserole
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 35 min
- 45 min
- 50 min
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large), peeled
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for preparing pan
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pecans pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Butter an 8-by-8-inch casserole dish and set aside.
2. Grate sweet potato on large holes of grater. Melt butter in a large skillet, add sweet potatoes and cook stirring occasionally until potato softens, about 15 minutes. Cool.
3. Separate 1 egg and reserve egg white. Beat remaining egg, yolk, cream, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cayenne in a large bowl. Add sweet potato and season with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Whisk until smooth.
4. Pour sweet potato mixture into pan. Toss pecans with egg white and sprinkle on casserole. Bake until set and TK (puffed), about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Total Fat: 25.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 14 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 45 grams
Protein: 6 grams
Sodium: 225 milligrams
Cholesterol: 141 milligrams
Fiber: 6 grams
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved