This soup really does only take 10 minutes -- and that's including cleanup! Send it with a cheese sandwich for the perfect any-season meal.
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, in juice
- 1 rib celery, roughly chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup cream
Transfer to a microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave on HIGH until warmed through, about 4 minutes. (Alternatively heat the old-fashioned way in a pan.) Pour hot soup into an air-tight thermos. Pack in a lunch sack and send off to school.
Copyright (c) 2008 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved