- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, plus more to taste
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces thin rice noodles, broken into pieces
- 2 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 pound), very thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and curry paste and cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, coconut milk and fish sauce; cover and bring to a boil.
Add the bell peppers and noodles and simmer, uncovered, until the noodles are al dente, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken and simmer until just cooked through, about 3 more minutes. Stir in the lime juice and cilantro. Add more fish sauce and lime juice, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 561; Fat 30 g (Saturated 22 g); Cholesterol 103 mg; Sodium 821 mg; Carbohydrate 36 g; Fiber 4 g; Protein 38 g
ACTIVE: 30 min l TOTAL: 30 min l SERVES: 4