Three Bean Salad
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed, cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 pound wax beans, trimmed cut in half crosswise
- One 15-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed, and drained
- 1/2 small red onion, minced, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes and drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Set up a large bowl of ice water. Add the fresh beans to the boiling water, and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and plunge the beans into the ice water to stop the cooking and set their color. Drain.
In a medium bowl, combine the beans and the onion. In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, vinegar, oil, and salt to a simmer. Pour the liquid over the beans. Marinate the beans at room temperature for 1 hour, tossing several times. Just before serving, season with salt and pepper to taste, add the parsley. Serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.