- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 6-ounce tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or mint
Bring the rice, 1 1/3 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the peas; cover and set aside.
Puree 1/2 cup yogurt, the garlic, ginger, lime juice, cumin, cayenne and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor. Transfer all but 3 tablespoons of the mixture to a large bowl. Pierce the fish a few times with a fork and season with salt; add to the bowl and toss. Marinate 15 minutes.
Preheat the broiler. Place the fish on a broiler pan; top with the marinade and butter. Broil until opaque, 6 to 8 minutes. Mix the remaining 1/4 cup yogurt, the cilantro, and salt to taste with the yogurt mixture. Serve the fish and rice with the yogurt sauce and lime wedges.
Total Fat: 10 grams
Saturated Fat: 5 grams
Protein: 39 grams
Total carbohydrates: 44 grams
Sugar: 3 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Cholesterol: 106 milligrams
Sodium: 614 milligrams
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos