Tilapia with Escarole and Lemon-Pepper Oil
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces baby fingerling potatoes, halved, or small red-skinned potatoes, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 head escarole (about 1 1/4 pounds), torn into pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds tilapia fillets, patted dry
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, leaves torn
- Juice of 1 lemon
Heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil in a large deep skillet with a lid over medium heat. Place the potatoes in the pan cut-side down. Add the garlic and cook until the potatoes are slightly golden and crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the escarole, season with salt and pepper, then add about 1/3 cup water. Cover and steam until the escarole wilts, about 5 minutes.
Season the fish with salt and pepper; place on top of the greens in the pan and sprinkle with the oregano leaves. Cover and steam until the fish is just cooked through, about 5 more minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk the lemon juice in a bowl with the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil; season with 1 teaspoon salt and plenty of pepper.
Per serving: Calories 465; Fat 30 g (Sat. 5 g; Mono. 20.5 g; Poly. 3.6 g); Cholesterol 70 mg; Sodium 590 mg; Carbohydrate 20 g; Fiber 6 g; Protein 32 g
Photograph By Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.