- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups ditalini pasta (about 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (preferably lemon thyme), roughly chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the almonds on a rimmed baking sheet and bake, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs, then drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a serving bowl and toss with the olive oil, parmesan, lemon juice, shallot, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt and about half of the almonds. Season with salt and pepper. Top with the remaining almonds and the red pepper flakes.
Photograph by Anna Williams