- 1 large Yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 green), chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1 14-ounce block firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 4 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
Put the potato pieces in a large skillet and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer 3 minutes. Pour out all but about 1 tablespoon of the water.
Add the olive oil, scallions, garlic and chili powder to the skillet and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add the bell peppers and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and peppers are tender, 5 to 7 more minutes. Add the tofu and 2 tablespoons water and cook until the tofu is heated through, about 3 more minutes. Season with salt.
Warm the tortillas in a skillet or in the microwave. Divide among plates and top with the tofu scramble. Pile the cheese, cherry tomatoes and lettuce on top.
Per serving: Calories 374; Fat 16 g (Saturated 3 g); Cholesterol 4 mg; Sodium 626 mg; Carbohydrate 42 g; Fiber 6 g; Protein 19 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos