- 12 ounces firm tofu, drained and cut into 8 slices
- 4 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 small bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 limes (1 zested and juiced, 1 cut into wedges)
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 8 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella or pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup jarred salsa verde
Lay the tofu slices flat on a stack of paper towels; top with more paper towels, then put a heavy skillet on top to press out the excess water, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, toss the coleslaw, radishes, cilantro, scallions, 1 tablespoon olive oil, the lime zest and half of the lime juice in a large bowl. Mix the yogurt with the remaining lime juice in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Brush the tofu on all sides with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with the taco seasoning. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, then add the tofu and cook until it begins to crisp, about 5 minutes; flip and cook 2 more minutes. Cut into strips.
Toast the tortillas in a dry skillet, 1 minute per side, or wrap in a damp towel and microwave 1 minute. Fill with the tofu, cheese and slaw, then drizzle with the yogurt sauce and salsa. Serve with the lime wedges.
Per serving: Calories 481; Fat 19 g (Saturated 3 g); Cholesterol 4 mg; Sodium 537 mg; Carbohydrate 56 g; Fiber 8 g; Protein 22 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos