This is super-quick and simple. The basil puree is easy to make, and the water from the leaves allows you to use less oil.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, plus small leaves, for garnish
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ripe but firm yellow peaches, cut into wedges
- 4 tomatoes, preferably a mix of large heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add the basil to the boiling water and cook until just wilted and bright green, about 15 seconds. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a blender and puree until smooth. With the machine running, add the olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Spread the basil puree on a serving platter. Arrange the peaches and tomatoes on top and sprinkle with the lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Garnish with whole basil leaves and serve.