- Kosher salt
- 1 pound meat-filled tortellini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces prosciutto or pancetta, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook as the label directs.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and prosciutto and cook until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and tomato paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Ladle in about 1 cup of the pasta cooking water and simmer until reduced by about half, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cream and simmer until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
About 2 minutes before the tortellini are done, add the peas to the boiling water and cook until just tender. Drain the tortellini and peas and add to the skillet, tossing to coat with the sauce. Stir in the parsley. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
Per serving: Calories 475; Fat 27 g (Saturated 10 g); Cholesterol 195 mg; Sodium 1,237 mg; Carbohydrate 28 g; Fiber 3 g; Protein 29 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos