Putting anything on a skewer makes it more fun to eat -- and dip in sauce, too.
- 4 ounces cheese tortellini or tortelloni
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or smashed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup medium pitted California black olives
- 1/2 cup halved or quartered small bocconcini mozzarella
- Marinara sauce or pesto sauce for dipping, optional
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse pasta under cold water to stop cooking.
Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and smashed garlic in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss with the tomatoes, olives, cheese and cooked pasta. Skewer everything, alternating as desired. Place marinara sauce or pesto in sealed containers. Pack in a lunch sack with an ice pack and send off to school.
TIP: For young children, we recommend cutting the pointy end off the skewer with sharp kitchen scissors/shears.
Copyright (c) 2008 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved