- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Kosher salt
- 6 cups chicken broth, low-sodium canned
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
- About a dozen corn tortilla chips, broken
- Lime wedges (optional)
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, chipotle, chili powder, and 2 teaspoons salt and cook until onion softens, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add corn and cook for 5 minutes more.
2. Remove soup from heat and stir in tomato, chicken, cilantro, and lime juice. Divide tortilla chips among 4 warmed bowls, ladle soup on top, and serve. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Total Fat: 13 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 22 grams
Sodium: 389 milligrams
Cholesterol: 30 milligrams
Fiber: 3 grams
Thank you! your flag was submitted.