Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large yolk
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cloves together in a medium bowl. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove pan from the heat, add the bittersweet chocolate, then set aside until melted.
Whisk the eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla together in a medium bowl, then slowly whisk in chocolate. Stir in the flour mixture to make a loose dough. Don't overwork the dough. Fold in the chips. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (or 325 if convection option is available).
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form dough into balls, about 2 inches or 1 1/2 ounces each, and put on the prepared baking sheets, leaving a couple inches between the cookies. Bake until outside is crackly, but the center is still moist, about 13 to 15 minutes, or 12 in convection. Cool on a rack.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.