Creamy avocado and sweet pineapple get added zing from spicy jalapeno and ginger in this bold, refreshing dip.
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeno, seeded if desired, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped, plus a few sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Sweet potato, blue corn and plantain chips, for dipping
Place the ginger, jalapeno and garlic on a cutting board. Using a large knife, chop the ingredients together until they are minced and well combined. Sprinkle the mixture with 1/4 teaspoon salt and use the side of the knife to work the mixture into a coarse paste.
Transfer the paste to a medium bowl and add the pineapple, chopped cilantro, onions, tomatoes and avocados. Toss gently to combine. Add the lime juice and 3/4 teaspoon salt and toss again. Taste and add additional salt if desired. Transfer the salsa to a serving bowl and garnish with a few pieces of diced pineapple and cilantro sprigs. Serve with the chips.
Cook's Note: If you're making this salsa ahead of time, you can refrigerate it, covered, for up to 4 hours. When ready to serve, stir well, transfer to a serving bowl and garnish.
- Copyright 2012 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.