- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup sweetened cream of coconut
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces good quality white chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 large red-skinned mangoes, peeled and pitted
- 1 large Hawaiian papaya (about 1 pound) peeled and seeds discarded
1. Soak eight 8-inch bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes. Heat a grill to medium low.
2. Place butter in a small skillet. Split vanilla bean and scrape seeds onto butter and mash with back a spoon. Add scraped pod and melt butter over low heat. Remove from heat and set aside to steep.
3. Heat cream of coconut and heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until chocolate is melted and smooth. Stir in lime zest. Set aside.
4. Cut mango and papaya into 2-inch chunks and alternately thread onto skewers. Brush lightly with vanilla butter and grill until fruit is lightly charred, turning as needed, about 5 minutes per side. Serve with chocolate sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serving):
Total Fat: 29 grams
Saturated Fat: 19 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 55 grams
Protein: 3 grams
Sodium: 38 milligrams
Cholesterol: 57 milligrams
Fiber: 4 grams