Tuna Avocado Club
- 2 (6-ounce) cans water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 Kirby cucumber, seeded and finely diced (3/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus a drizzle
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest from 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices nine-grain bread
- 1 Hass avocado, halved, seeded, and sliced
- 1 1/2 cup mesclun salad, or other lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes
Lay the bread on a work surface and spread about 1/4 of the tuna mixture on 4 of the slices. Top with avocado slices and lettuce. Lay the tomato slices on the 4 remaining pieces of bread; season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Close the sandwiches, pressing each one together slightly. Serve.
Alternatively serve them open faced to use less bread.
Copyright 2004 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.Open Faced:
Fat: 23 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
Fiber: 6 grams
Protein: 27 grams
Thank you! your flag was submitted.